Learning from Home Survey
Now available to districts nationwide.
With school buildings now closed due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and districts shifting to distance learning, it is more important than ever to assess students' connectedness to school to help build an online community that fosters student wellness and learning. The California Department of Education is providing, free of change, the new online Learning from Home Survey to assess students’ remote learning experiences. The survey measures students’ home educational routines, engagement and motivation in educational activities, quality of relationships with teachers and peers, and social emotional well-being. A parent survey is also available. Your school and/or district Learning from Home Survey results will be available via an online dashboard beginning one week after administration begins, and updated two times a week thereafter as necessary.
Quick facts about the Learning from Home Survey:
- The online survey and online dashboard are offered at no cost to all districts.
- Both an elementary and secondary student survey are available.
- The survey does not include any items that require parental consent prior to administration.
- The survey is administered completely online. If you need to survey students who do not have online access, please call 888.841.7536 to discuss options.
- The reports are available only through the online dashboard.
More information, including copies of the questionnaire, is available here.